Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One week before surgery

Well today marks the one week countdown until Mackenzie's surgery. I think the waiting is so hard. I feel like I just want to move on and get this done. Mackenzie's attitude has been amazing. Seeing her positive attitude has really given me strength. 

Today she took the 7 hour trip to Michigan to make it to two appointments tomorrow. One appointment is a two hour session she has to attend in order to sub in Michigan . The other is the closing of their new house!  She and Mason will be busy moving in, only to leave in separate directions on Sunday. Mason headed on a business trip and Kenzie heading back home to get ready for surgery. Mason will arrive on surgery day after his trip. It will be awhile before Kenzie can actually start living in their new home, but we plan on working hard to get her up and well enough to get her there for the next few months before her next surgery. 

I probably won't post again until next Monday ( day before surgery). She has appointments with the ileostomy nurse that day. 

Rhonda

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the waiting is hard. That's what my friend said while waiting for her sons brain surgery. She was like "lets get on with this". Gives your mind too much time to think. But, really, it worked out perfectly so that she and Mason can close on their beautiful home and have a little time to enjoy it before the surgery. So glad that Mackenzie's positive attitude is helping you through this. She is young and strong and will heal quickly I'm sure of that. Then the most amazing thing I keep holding onto through all of this is that she will be FREE from ulcerative colitis. Free of the terrible pain she is in now and free of medications and on to a healthy new chapter in her life as a soon to be married woman. God has his hand in this and God will see you all through this. Love to you all!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, thank you for sharing your thoughts and letting me know how Kenzie is doing. Our family will be praying for her and I'm confident that she will be back better than ever once this ordeal is over. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you as a parent but being there for her now is such a huge thing. You definitely did something right as Kenzie is a top notch person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how hard it is to wait for surgery on your baby girl. Just focus on the fact that she will be doing so much better after the surgery and will no longer need to deal with UC. She will be able to really start living without all the issues related to UC. You know that we both tend to worry about things too much and our imaginations come up with so many things to worry about but try not to do that. Don't waste your time or energy on worrying about the possible things. I will be thinking of all of you. I am here if you need absolutely anything.

    ReplyDelete