Friday, July 25, 2014

2nd surgery 1 week post op

Well today marks the one week mark since this second surgery began.  I have to say it has been a much more difficult time than the first surgery.  Mackenzie has been fighting nausea since day one.  Two nights ago she got sick 6 times in the night. Last night was a little better.  Yesterday she had leakage from her ostomy and that caused some skin irritation. She attempted to change the bag on her own with me trying my best to help. It was difficult because of the rod. It was not a very nice experience that I won't go into details with.  Finally we made it happen. The pain all over is more intense.

The visiting nurse came to our house again today and made a call into the doctors office. We ended up going into see the surgeon today.  After checking her over, the doctor said she is starting to get dehydrated. They were able to tell by her heart rate and blood pressure. The good news is everything is healing right on target. She just needs to drink more and take Imodium to slow down her output. The best thing was the doctor took out the JP drain.  Kenz felt much better having that out. 

When we got home she decided to take the prescription pain meds but only half the dose. The doctor said because she is only taking Tylenol the pain she is feeling could be causing some of the nauseous feeling.

Well tonight she seems to be feeling better. I pray we have now turned a corner on this recovery.

Her dog Gala and my two boys are helping take very good care of her. 

2 comments:

  1. You look so snuggly! :) And, what a trooper, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tough recovery...it took longer...I'm glad she's doing a lil better...our kiddos are truly inspiring...give me NO EXCUSE because what they endure...truly BEYOND my belief...Hugs from Me and my Victor (which he is doing great now...I cannot wait to hear she is at the end of the surgery journey too!!)

    ReplyDelete