Thursday, July 17, 2014

2nd surgery today!

Today is the creation of the Jpouch.  We got to the hospital at 5:45 with surgery starting at 7:30. I was told the surgery was 7 hours however,  everyone that checks in with us is saying she is signed in for a 10 hour surgery. UGHHHHH!

CHECK BACK THROUGH THE DAY......

2:38 - Just spoke with Dr. She is very pleased with how everything went. We wont see Mackenzie for about an hour to two hours.

4:10 - Mason and I were able to peek in on her for a minute. She was sound asleep. She wont be out of recovery for another hour or so.

6:12 - finally in her room. She didnt get one of the new rooms this time. She is very sleepy.

7:06 - So her room is in the older section of the hospital. Last time she was in the brand new suites. After talking with my niece Amanda, who worked on this floor for 5 years, she encouraged me to request a room change and to explain they live in Michigan and this is where Mason will be staying while he is in town. Well.....a room is available and they will be switching her within the hour!!!!! Thank you Amanda!!!

9:55 - Kenz walked at about 9:35. What amazing strength. She is so very groggy still. Much more than the first surgery.  We are wondering if its because she was on prednisone for the last surgery.  Just our guess.

5 comments:

  1. Wow - I didn't realize the surgery was that long. We see Aaron's surgeon next week so I will be asking! Guess I will take someone with me to keep me company!! Tell Mackenzie we have her in our thoughts and prayers and are anxious to hear about her success! and recovery!! - The Barbers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...I just wanted to say I'm hope the surgery went well...I know this is the big one...so praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she was able to get her room changed. I am amazed that she was able to walk so soon after surgery. She is one strong cookie!

    ReplyDelete