Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 2 after first surgery

4:46 pm

I arrived at the hospital at 1:45 today. Kenz had her grandma, aunt, dad and Mason at the hospital for her. So she was in good hands while I was gone. I was able to spend time with the dogs before I left. Her dog, Gala misses her so much. Mackenzie took her first shower at 3:00 and I was able to do her hair. 

I was able to sleep from 11-6 last night but unfortunately Kenz hasn't really slept for any great length of time yet. They say it's because of the prednisone. They may give her something tonight to help her sleep.  

10:46 pm

Kenz had a great afternoon and evening. Her first shower took place today. She ate meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, and Apple pie. She did all her walking she needed to do and seems to be moving at a faster pace. The nurse came in at 9:30 pm and gave her sleep medication so hopefully she will get a good nights sleep. I left her in Mason's care again tonight. It's hard leaving the hospital but I know He will take good care of her.

As I was leaving the hospital tonight, I saw this sign hanging on the wall stating that RGH is number one in the US for the robotic colon rectal surgeons. That made me smile!

ttfn



No comments:

Post a Comment